- The conversion of an atheist Sci-Fi writer
- Faith Gives Hope to Science
- Fundamental physics is in a metaphysical mess and needs help
- Archbishop Chaput on the Evidential Power of Beauty
- The Problem of Evil is Harder for Atheists to Explain
- Faith and reason: the two wings of the human spirit
- Why the New Atheism is Inadequate
- Pope Francis to Atheists and Believers, “Do good: we will meet one another there.”
- Playing at Atheism
- Pope Francis on Atheism: every man is the image of God, whether he is a believer or not.
- Peter Kreeft: God or Atheism — Which Is More Rational?
- Shroud of Turin Dated to 1st Century
- Scientists predict calamity as “fiery comet” approaches
- Dostoevsky: Man Can Live Without Science
- Chesterton: Irreligion is the opium of the people.
Monthly Archives: February 2013
G.K. Chesterton, (Christendom in Dublin, p. 58): The Truth is that it is only by believing in God that we can ever criticise the Government. Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God… Lenin only fell inbto a … Continue reading
Fr. Barron discusses Faith and Reason, quoting Hamlet, “There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” (Hamlet (1.5.166-7), Hamlet to Horatio)
One of the best Christian Apologists, C.S. Lewis, of the 20th Century had this to say about Apologetics: I believe that any Christian who is qualified to write a good popular book on any science may do much more by … Continue reading
Physicist and Priest, Andrew Pinset, lectures on Faith and Science:
Saint John Chrysostom said “Ubi caritas gaudet, ibi est festivas, Where love rejoices, there is festivity.” In the Catholic Church, “Fat Tuesday” or Mardi Gras is a festival that precedes the penitential season of Lent. Why celebrate before Lent? Because … Continue reading
Peter Kreeft (Back to Virtue, p. 156-157): Now why are we bored? Why this distinctively modern phenomenon? The very word for it did not exist in premodern languages! Above all, how do we explain the irony that the very society … Continue reading
“Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as an army set in array?” (Song of Songs 6:10) (More details at APOD and Bad Astronomy on Slate.)